MET’S RETRO PROM is only 10 days away!! Closets are being ransacked for appropriately swanky, dandy, hip and retro stylings. The bar is being stocked and the MET Money is hot off the press. We are anxiously awaiting the arrival of our special guest host Sam Pancake en route from L.A. The Advocate.com calls Sam “Hollywood’s Go To Gay Guy” in this interesting article. His pageant-spoofing Web series Pretty is racking up tons of indie awards. We hope you’ll join us on Friday night before Prom for Sam’s one-man show, “Pancake on Pancake”.
In between your turns on the dance floor and your nibblings of nosh by local restaurants including: The Lunch Box, Isabella’s, Cacique, Sister’s Bake Shop, The Greene Turtle and Canal Bar, you’ll want to keep tabs on your bidding wars. One of the cool things at prom is our silent auction. Our staff has been gathering loads of nifty items for the taking (or bidding). Items range from high end to low end frills! Here are 10 things to look for on the auction tables:
- Overnight Stay Hampton Inn Baltimore- Downtown/Convention Center
- Retro Toy gift basket from The Dancing Bear Toys & Gifts
- Gift certificate to Dangerfield’s Comedy Club
- “Basket of Cheer” from the Philadelphia Distillery, contains Bluecoat American Dry Gin, XXX Shine Whiskey complete with shot and martini glasses
- Gift Certificate for Classic Electric Tattoo & Body Piercing
- 4 admission passes to the American Visionary Arts Museum and copy of Visions Magazine
- 2 vouchers for a Maryland University Terrapins Football game
- Subscriptions to Signature Theatre
- 1-hour massage from Om Chakra
- Family membership for a year to the Brunswick Railroad Museum
……….This is just a sampling. Join us at RETRO PROM and you’ll find lots more to satisfy your interests from jewelry to pampering yourself; from private voice lessons to a golfing excursion; from camping in the woods to dining with a date!
BE THERE OR BE SQUARE….THIS YEAR’S THEME IS “FUNKY TOWN”!